Though you can bring your own bike to Plaid Goat, you can also add a Demo Shuttle Wristband onto the standard ticket to test the Fest’s bikes and catch a lift to the trailhead. Just think of the average daily cost to rent ONE bike ($75-$150). The wristband will save you money, provide access to way more than one bike, & give you shuttle love to trailheads throughout the valley!
Friday will be the Demo “Sneak a Peek” so you can select your tick list, get sized up and have your weekend all organized to get the most out of your demo time. Saturday and Sunday will be the actual Demo-licious Days.
While there will be a lot of bikes at the event, they are on a first come first served basis. So, if there’s a specific bike you’d like to try – please come early. Each vendor will determine how long you can take a bike on a ride for, but the most common duration will be 1-2 hours. To help ensure everyone has a chance to try all of the bikes, we ask that you don’t hold onto a bike while you get lunch or take a break.
What to bring if you’re demo’ing bikes:
- A wicked stoke for what’s ahead. You’ll get to test out amazing bikes on some of Canada’s most treasured trails.
- ID and credit card so you can take out a bike.
- PEDALS – please bring your own pedals.
- Bear spray – the Canmore Nordic Centre requires anyone riding their trails to do so with bear spray (please also know how to use it).
- A helmet, riding shoes, sunglasses, hydration (a pack or bottles), bike pump, multi-tool, spare tube(s) and whatever you would typically ride with.