I, the undersigned, as the parent or legal guardian of the minor child (under 18 years of age) named in the ticket, having full legal responsibility for the decisions regarding the minor child do hereby give my full consent and approval for the minor child to participate in the Plaid Goat Mountain Bike Festival activities (the “Event”) provided by Ride the Rockies Society and Aspire Strategic Inc. and each of their directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, members, instructors, volunteers, partners, sponsors, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, successors and assigns and Wanda Bogdane (all of whom are collectively referred to as the “Event Organizers”).
I understand that the Event activities the minor child will be involved in are inherently dangerous and may cause serious injuries, including but not limited to, bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death.
The Event activities that my minor child may be involved in include but are not limited to:
I am aware of the risks that the minor child faces in participating in the above-mentioned activities, as well as the additional dangers and risks.
I am aware that mountain biking, cycling and the Event involve many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE EVENT ORGANIZERS from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, claims arising from any injury to the minor child or arising from for any damage to property of or personal injury or death to any third party, resulting from the minor child’s or my participation in the Event.
3. THAT, as the parent/legal guardian of the minor child participating in the Event, the minor child has the capacity of discernment (the meaning of which is the ability to fully understand a given situation and the consequences of one’s actions).
4. THAT I am of the full age of eighteen years, and that I have had sufficient time to read and understand what I am agreeing to in this Waiver and have taken the time to ensure that the minor child has read, understood and agreed to its terms before signing it.
5. THAT on my behalf and that of the minor child, I agree that this Waiver will be binding upon the minor child, the minor child’s heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors.
6. THAT this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
7. THAT this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta as applicable; and,
8. THAT any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of Alberta as applicable.
9. THAT in entering into this Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Event Organizers with respect to the safety of mountain biking, cycling or the Event other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT, I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE EVENT ORGANIZERS.
I understand and will instruct the minor child to obey all the rules and regulations, and at all times, the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with the minor child.
I have satisfied myself and believe that the minor child does not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent him/her from participating in the activities, and if required, he/she will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS CONSENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK, AND THAT I UNDERSTAND EACH OF THE PROVISIONS AND THAT I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM.
THIS WAIVER MUST BE AGREED TO BY ALL PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF THE MINOR CHILD (under 18 years of age) PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
Name of parent or legal guardian:
Thank You to our Greatest of All Time Sponsors