Though you can bring your own bike to Plaid Goat, you can also add a Demo Shuttle Wristband onto the general ticket to test the Fest’s bikes and catch a lift to the trailhead. Think of the average daily cost to rent ONE bike alone ($75-$150). The Demo Shuttle Wristband saves you money, provides access to way more than one bike & gives you shuttle love to trailheads throughout the valley!
The 2018 Demo Shuttle Wristband cost only:
See the list of this year’s brands here.
Friday will be the Demo “Sneak a Peek” so you can set your tick list, get sized up and have your weekend organized to make the most of your demo time. Saturday and Sunday will be the actual Demo-licious Days.
While there will be a lot of bikes at the event, they’re on a first come first served basis. So, if there’s a specific bike you’d like to try – please come early. Each vendor will determine how long you can take a bike on a ride for, but the most common duration will be 1-2 hours. To help ensure everyone has a chance to try all of the bikes, we ask that you don’t hold onto a bike while you get lunch or take a break.
What to bring if you’re demo’ing bikes:
- A wicked stoke for what’s ahead. You’ll get to test out amazing bikes on some of Canada’s most treasured trails.
- ID and credit card so you can take out a bike.
- PEDALS – please bring your own pedals.
- Bear spray – the Canmore Nordic Centre requires anyone riding their trails to do so with bear spray (please also know how to use it).
- A helmet, riding shoes, sunglasses, hydration (a pack or bottles), bike pump, multi-tool, spare tube(s) and whatever you would typically ride with.